Sunday, March 7, 2010

'Rough Cut'

I recently started a pretty pervasive fund raising campaign for my latest documentary. Part of it involved writing a letter asking for donations, and sending it to ALL of my contacts.

I had a lot of mixed feelings about trying to raise money in this manner. It's a last resort and I was worried that I was going to piss people off. No one likes being asked for money!

But film makers are famous for using any means possible to raise money for their films. "Beg, borrow, and steal" takes on new significance if you're in the film business! It was shortly after sending the letter, that I came across 'Rough Cut'. Until then, I had never heard "brutally murder" thrown into the equation.

'Rough Cut' is a documentary about two independent film makers who plotted to murder one of their wives in order to clear debts they had accrued whilst making a low budget horror film. And they went through with their plan.

Suddenly I don't feel so bad for asking friends and family for 50 bucks.

Watch 'Rough Cut' here and share your views.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...