Saturday, October 16, 2010

Creativity and the Education system

I think this amazing, impassioned TED talk will resonate deeply with anyone who feels the education system passed them by.

Sir Ken Robinson challenges the way we're being educated. He makes the point that there are multiple types of intelligence, but that only a few of these are nurtured by the school system. Standard education is based on outdated knowledge, and Robinson champions a radical rethink of our schooling systems, so that each individual's potential can be realised.





(If you haven't yet heard of TED - here's the blurb: "The annual TED conferences, in Long Beach/Palm Springs and Oxford, bring together the world's most fascinating thinkers and doers, who are challenged to give the talk of their lives (in 18 minutes).")

2 comments:

Inspire Others said...

Hi Barbara,
Thanks for your kind comments on my blog. I would love to have your amoung us in "Inspire Other" I follow, You follow me too!. I'm a Educator also and I can ralate with Ted's mission. Hope to see you soon.
Greetings from FL,
MoMeMa

Inspire Others said...

Sorry I meant Yolanda! ;-)))
MoMeMa

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...